Saturday, November 20, 2010

You're very phallic, you're big, black, and metallic, only you could be so cold.

Rik's Log 11.20.10

I'm pretty much on the Samsung Galaxy S bandwagon
But after seeing this Japanese ad for the phone
I'm even more smitten and the gotta-have-it cravings are intense.



I mean the Galaxy S is already a pretty awesome phone.
(you all may know it by its carrier branded names
Fascinate and Vibrant and Captivate and etc...)
It's got pretty much all the features of the iPhone
Plus it runs on Android yet it's more stylish than the Droid phones
And it's on every major carrier in the US.

However this Japanese ad campaign
That's pairing the phone with Darth Vader is very odd.

Usually you'd figure Lord Vader would be a parental controls advocate pushing for limited text message & a phone with less social networking skills.

At the very best he'd be way more into Blackberry and BBMs
Which would allow him to keep tabs with the Emperor and Grand Moff Tarkin.

So why would a Sith Lord be selling a Smartphone that's more Rebel than Darkside?
I dunno but as a Star Wars fan
I'm attracted by a strange pull
And I guess I need to have a cool Vader phone now.

Although it's still not as cool as the Death Star O'Lantern.


KARMA bums

No comments: