Sunday, November 28, 2010

If hope dies shop till you drop!

Rik's Log 11.28.10

So we’re coming to the end of the Black Friday weekend
(I know that’s quasi oxymoronic; how can Friday be a weekend?)
But lemme tell you, the shopping madness is still in full effect.


Sooo far I've been sucked into a web browsing deal-searching fervor.
Searching all through the intrawebs for door-busting deals and such-whats.
However (Praise Jeebus!)...I’ve managed to avoid succumbing to
The camping-outside of Walmart fever
Itching to be the first contestant in the Discounted HDTV Punchout.

Which brings me to my gripe.
Why the fuck do people go crazy for Black Friday deals?
Yes you can get some pretty cool Blu-ray DVDs for like $8 pesos
But really does anyone need a DVD of Jingle All the Way?

I went to Best Buy to buy some DVDs (yes I know stupid)
And some other whatnot electronic BS that I think I need.
And I was talking to a cashier who told me
“People been camping out since 3a
To buy an HDTV that’s only $45 off retail price.”


$45 fucking bucks!
Is a person’s time worth $45 bucks these days?
Theyre willing to camp for three hours in the cold
And push & shove and fucking bite & scream to save $45 fucking bucks?

I know it's fucking stupid
But I guess that's the American consumer culture.
We lose our fucking minds when we see the words save & deal together.

Well I cant really talk much, with Cyber Monday looming hours away
I know that I’ll buckle and buy some crap I really can live without.

But do I really need anything new...
I bought a new digi camera on Friday.
(Yes I went shopping on Black Friday cause of the crazy deals!)
I retardedly lost my old camera and needed a replacement
So I went and got a new one which is supposed to be way better.

Sooo sitting here playing with my new camera
I realize that I really liked my old camera
It was better, easier to use, and the features were great.

Besides that I’m realizing that we truly don’t need all this crap
That desperate retailers keep telling us we need have now
And that if we just learn to live with the stuff we got
We might just be a little bit happier.

So with this renewed focus of the priorities in life
I’ll make it through this spendthrift holiday with my savings intact.
But whatever I probably still be on the lookout for a good Blu-ray player
With 3D and DTS surround sound and awesome WiFi capabilities.


KARMA bums

No comments: